- What is the schedule ?
The virtual conference starts on Monday July 6th 2020. Three live sessions are scheduled:
- Monday 6th at 9.00 am CEST (GMT+2)
- Tuesday 7th at 1.00 pm CEST (GMT+2)
- Wednesday 8th at 4.00 pm CEST (GMT+2)
On-demand sessions (access to documents, pre-recorded presentations, live chat, proceedings) will be in place from Monday July 06 till Monday July 27 inclusive.
- What is the price ?
The registration is set to 100€ net.
- What will be the format of the virtual event ?
Event will run it as “semi-live”. It means that there will be two sorts of “deliverables”:
- An area of the EuroSimE Web site will allow registered users to access virtual rooms, each containing the published technical paper, the presentation pre-recorded by its Author (MP4, PPT…), the biography of author, and a live-chat for asking questions to Authors and hopefully get answers…
- An area for several live sessions, run as webinars, on some dedicated topics of interest for the community.
- How to practically attend the event ?
You will have to register to the event through the normal way (a form asking for your coordinates and payment). You will then receive an email with a personal password for you to login onto the virtual event and access all aspects of it. You will just have to use your Internet browser, no specific software will be needed.
- About Short Courses
The Short Courses initially planned may be postponed to EuroSimE 2021 in Malta.
- How are delivered the proceedings ?
Proceedings will be available for the 3 weeks of the virtual event, as individual PDF files, full PDF book and zip archive. You will be able to download them once logged in the virtual event.
- What is the new schedule ?
For you Authors, you must respect these dates:
- deliver your final “manuscript” and your “presentation” by June 14th latest
- register to the event by June 14th latest. We absolutely need you to register in advance to guarantee the consistency of the virtual programme (if you do not register, your paper and any reference to it will be removed; we cannot publish it for free, as not only would it be unfair in respect to other authors, but we also pay a “technical fee” to IEEE for having the papers in Xplore)
- Which documents are expected from me ?
For being published, you must prepare a final PDF “manuscript”, whatever the conference is normal or virtual. We encourage you to produce too a presentation, which can be a normal PowerPoint exported to MP4, or a true MP4 audio and/or video presentation where you roll your slides with an audio-video comment. In case of an audio or video presentation, you must of course record it yourself, and release an MP4 file. As an author, you should have received on May 12 a document explaining how the virtual space will look like, and how to post your data to be used in this space; in case you did not, just email the organiser.
- How to deliver my documents ?
As usually: through the EuroSimE Author Portal. We suggest you use the template we prepared, download it from the Author Portal (Microsoft Word, LibreOffice, LaTeX). Once your manuscript is achieved, convert it to PDF and post it on the Author Portal. For the presentation, same path, the system accepts PPTs, PDFs and MP4s.
As an author, you should have received on May 12 a document explaining how the virtual space will look like, and how to post your data to be used in this space; in case you did not, just email the organiser.
- Will my paper be published ?
The fact that the event is virtually conducted does not affect the publication of your work by IEEE. All papers which were initially accepted by the Technical Committee are submitted to IEEE for inclusion in Xplore Digital Library. Unless a paper is a proven case of plagiarism, it will normally be accepted and published by IEEE.
- What about the posters ?
The concept of poster does not apply there: in case your paper was accepted for poster presentation at EuroSimE, you anyway have to finalise your manuscript for publication. Instead of a poster, now meaningless, we encourage you to produce a full presentation, PPT or MP4.
- Will my final manuscript be reviewed ?
- About best papers
For this year, we forget about best paper best poster awards because no one can really attend and talk…
- About selection for reprint in journals
- May I submit a new abstract ?
Yes you may submit a new abstract on the Author Portal until May 17th
- How long will I wait for acceptance notification ?
We will manage so that your document is reviewed by two reviewers as soon as possible after your submission, and in any case by June 1st latest.
- What is the benefit for me ?
A significant visibility by the community of scientists from academy and industry. The possibility to be in a dedicated live session. And the eternal thanks of the organisers…
- What is the price ?
It is up to you. Our traditional sponsors offer from 1000 to 6000€. But of course, for a virtual event, smaller amounts also make sense.
- How to proceed ?