The Award Committee
The Award Committee (namely Bart Vandevelde, Bernhard Wunderle, Christopher Bailey, Peter Rodgers, Sven Rzepka, Willem van Driel), selects the best and outstanding papers and posters (after Reviewers rankings and effective presentations), and delivers an Achievement Award to someone within the EuroSimE community.
To clarify the wording:
- “Best” is the top paper. It beats all others based on the assessment of the award committee.
- “Outstanding” is used to describe the award the second best paper. Although not as high ranking as the “Best Paper”, it nevertheless stood out from all the other papers.
- There can only be one “best” paper. There could be more than one “outstanding” paper in a conference.
2023 Achievement Award
Attributed to Prof Dr Xuejun Fan for fundamental research and industrial application in the field of thermal, mechanical and multi-physics simulation and experiments in microelectronics and microsystems.
2022 Achievement Award
Attributed to Prof Christopher Bailey for his outstanding contributions to thermal and multi-physics simulation in microsystems as well as research on various industrial applications, and for his long-time support of the EuroSimE conference as co-chair of the technical committee.
2022 best and outstanding papers and posters
All attendants could vote for posters.
- Best Paper award to Stoyan Stoyanov for Deep Learning Modelling for Composite Properties of PCB Conductive Layers
- Outstanding Paper award to Marius van Dijk for Numerical simulation of transient thermomechanical ageing effects
- Best Poster award to Torsten Hauck for Damage Evolution in SAC Solder Alloys
- 2 Outstanding Posters awards to
- Achraf Kaid for Novel method for modeling the local electro-thermal behavior of discrete power diode using Verilog-A in a standard CAD environment
- Sara Panahandeh for Inline Failure Analysis of Sintered Layers in Power Modules using Infrared Thermography
2019 Achievement Award
Attributed to Prof Kouchi Zhang as a founder of the EuroSimE Conference, and for providing access to an extensive professional network of engineers and academics
and to Prof Leo Ernst as a founder of the EuroSimE Conference, and for providing outstanding technical programs;
and for fundamental research and industrial application in the fields of thermal, mechanical and multiphysics simulations and experiments in microelectronics and microsystems.
2019 Best and outstanding papers and posters
All attendants could vote for the best poster.
- Best paper award to Wolfgang Hölzl, Technical University of Munich, Institute for Physics of Electrotechnology, for “Enhanced Fluid Flow by Wavelike Excitation of a Micromechanical Bending Actuator”
- Outstanding paper award to Hang Gao, imec, for “Reconstructing mid-air acoustic holograms using PMUT arrays: a simulation study”
- Oustanding poster award to Kirsten Weide-Zaage, RESRI, Leibniz Universität Hannover and Hélène Frémont, IMS Lab, Bordeaux University for “Electromigration Effects in Corroded BGA”
2018 Achievement Award
Attributed to Dr Nancy Iwamoto on Monday April 15, 2018, for fundamental research and industrial application in the fields of multi-scale and molecular dynamic simulations and experiments in microelectronics and microsystems.
2018 Best and outstanding papers and posters
All attendants could vote for the best poster.
- Best Paper award to Baptiste Neff, CEA LETI, Grenoble, France, for “Development and characterization of MEMS membranes based on thin-film PZT actuators for microfluidic applications”
- Outstanding Paper awards to both Andreas Lövberg, Swerea IVF, Sweden, for “On the formation and propagation of laminate cracks and their influence on the fatigue lives of solder joints”, and Luke Middelburg, Delft University of Technology, Delft, The Netherlands, for “A meta-stable self-aligning interdigitated electrode structure yielding a 100aF/nm capacitive transducer”
- Best Poster award to Alexandru Prisacaru, Robert Bosch GmbH, for “Internal Stress State of a TQFP subjected to Liquid Temperature Shock using Piezoresistive Silicon Stress Sensor”
- Outstanding Poster award to Hao Huang, CALCE, University of Maryland, USA, for “Mechanistic Model for the Stress-Strain Response of Double-Layered PSA”
2017 Achievement Award
Attributed to Dr Rainer Dudek on Monday April 3, 2017, for his
- PIONEERING contributions to the thermal, mechanical and multi-physics simulation and experiments in microelectronics and microsystems;
- SUSTAINED research contributions to the thermal, mechanical and multi-physics simulation and experiments in microelectronics and microsystems with high visibility;
- SERVICE to the EuroSimE community and SUPPORT of EuroSimE conference activities.
2017 Best Paper, Outstanding paper, Best Poster, Outstanding Poster
- Best Paper award to Péter Pálovics, Budapest University, for his paper “Investigation and optimization of microfluidic flow-through chambers for homogeneous reaction space”
- Outstanding Paper award to Véronique Rochus, IMEC, for “Modelling and Design of Micro-Opto-Mechanical Pressure Sensors in the Presence of Residual Stresses”
- Best Poster award to Lisa-Marie Faller, Alpen Adria Universität, for “Considerations on Pre-Stress in a 3D- and Inkjet-Printed Capacitive Force/Pressure Sensor”
- Outstanding Poster award to Steffen Wiese, Saarland University, for “Experimental Determination of the Young’s Modulus of various Electronic Packaging Materials”